Monday, May 12, 2008

A City in a City...Who Knew?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 1:00:00 AM Nanette Jaeger


I've always thought that city limits and city zoning were pretty much cut and dry. Not so.

As a rough estimate, in my mind, the city limits of Gladstone are before the Oregon City bridge and before you enter Milwaukie. But, that leaves out a lot of Gladstone to write about.

On a quest to find the exact city zoning of Gladstone, I called City Hall and talked to Jonathan Block. We chatted about Gladstone city limits, and to my surprise Block told me that Gladstone owns about a 1/2 acre of land on the south side of the 99E bridge in Oregon City. Years ago Gladstone used the well water in Oregon City. The land is not currently being used.

Who knew? Our city owns a part of Oregon City.

No comments: